Back End Developer (Clojure, Java or Scala)
We LIVE for events (music/events/sport). We LIVE to help event organisers sell more tickets.
If you are obsessed writing BEAUTIFUL software, and want it to be used by MILLIONS of people globally, WE WANT YOU!
Who are Audience Republic?
We are a SaaS platform that helps live events (music festivals, concerts, sport) sell more tickets, through increasing word-of-mouth, collecting data & providing audience intelligence.
Fast growth tech start up, well funded after raising $2m from investors
Founded in 2015, currently 11 people (soon to be 20)
Located in Darlinghurst (close to Hyde Park) with a brand new office with a rooftop, gym, free yoga, meditation room onsite gym (with showers & towel service) and cafe
We are a global business, and have offices in Sydney, Los Angeles, and London, with customers in APAC, North America, South America & UK/Europe.
Our customers include Laneway Festival, Falls Festival, Beyond the Valley, Lost Paradise, Yours & Owls, as well as events featuring artists like Flume, ODESZA, RUFUS DU SOL, Post Malone, Chance The Rapper, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc
What Will You Do?
- Work with a team of incredibly smart and AMBITIOUS people
- Building scalable applications on our Clojure based micro services architecture
- Working with us to implement & extend our current deployment & continuous integration infrastructure
- Helping us ensure code quality by writing test cases
Why You’ll Love It Here
- We LOVE Clojure & the efficiencies it brings our development process
- We use industry best practices around deployment & code development to ensure our team is super productive
- We ONLY hire other smart, ambitious people who LOVE to learn and grow.
- As a founding team member your input will be absolutely CRITICAL to the success of the company in all areas – including both engineering & product.
What We Believe
Honesty is our top priority.
- Be measured on RESULTS. Not based on time or effort.
Ownership. Do what you say you’re going to do.
Treat customers as friends, not money.
Always be learning. Work on yourself every day.
Who You Will Be Working With
- Our development team is small now but growing, there are currently 2 people on the engineering team.
- You'll be working directly with our CTO who is former CTO at GoCatch.
- We are here to support & help YOU be successful including mentoring and guidance.
- 3-5 years development experience (preferably in Clojure OR a related language like Java or Scala + are willing to learn Clojure)
- Familiar with popular technologies like REST, AWS Services (S3, Route 53, Cloudfront, Cloud Formation), deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins), and testing frameworks.
- Have a can do attitude with great communication skills